Add an AES output to a China Amanero based DAC

Hi,

I wonder if it would be possible to add an AES output port on a china dac that is based on amanero, I have replaced the china amanero with a original one latest version, and I wonder if it might be possible internally add a aes adapter by piggyback the i2s signals from the amanero card mounted inside the dac.. just feed the aes adapter with 5v/3.3v and the 4 i2s data lines. That the amanero will share the signals to both the dac board it's mounted to and then take same signals and send to the separate amanero aes adapter board. Anyone know if this would work? Or anyone have a solution to my idea?

Reactions: 1 user
I will give it a try, only concern I have is regarding the output level, my wish is to use one DAC and share one input to feed both analog balanced Amps and aes digital Amps, i now use 2 separate amanero usb, the one inside the dac and one external amanero usb with a aes board mounted to it. The analog Amps have fixed gain and on the crown i-tech Amps you have variable gain when used in analog mode, this is what i use now, later on plan is to replace analog Amps and only use aes digital Amps, but for now i just will try this modification and only use one usb DDC to feed all, or should I try to find i2s signal on the DAC board where the signal have processed with filter and stuff, somewhere before it gets converted to the balanced analog output.

Hi,

I wonder if it would be possible to add an AES output port on a china dac that is based on amanero, I have replaced the china amanero with a original one latest version, and I wonder if it might be possible internally add a aes adapter by piggyback the i2s signals from the amanero card mounted inside the dac.. just feed the aes adapter with 5v/3.3v and the 4 i2s data lines. That the amanero will share the signals to both the dac board it's mounted to and then take same signals and send to the separate amanero aes adapter board. Anyone know if this would work? Or anyone have a solution to my idea?
It can be achieved and it should be easy to achieve