• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Air Tight M101 schematic?

Just wondering if there is a schematic of the Air Tight M101 floating around? I found some nice interior pics and could reverse engineer it if i had too.

Is it just a 12AX7 SRPP into a KT88 UL with some global feedback?

Thanks!!

Richard
NO....... 12ax7 in parallel.

Attachments

• ااا-ئ.png
    ااا-ئ.png
    50.4 KB · Views: 116
I just need to remember the resistor color codes . Lol.
You have been on this forum for 20 yrs.
If you are still unable to remember the resister color code, perhaps you should try another vocation. (n)

Solid advice from someone who has been building audio & working with a diverse assortment of electronics
for more than 75 yrs. Both as a hobby & professionally. Prove me wrong, show us a project you have finished.:)

Reactions: 1 users
You have been on this forum for 20 yrs.
If you are still unable to remember the resister color code, perhaps you should try another vocation. (n)

Solid advice from someone who has been building audio & working with a diverse assortment of electronics
for more than 75 yrs. Both as a hobby & professionally. Prove me wrong, show us a project you have finished.:)
hmm... hence the lol.

I have built: parallel se el34 amp, se 6B4G amp with 76 input tube and a 71a driver, 6B4G PP with 6SL7 and 6BX7 driver tubes, 3 guitar amps, numerous speakers, just finished a 2 way horn speaker with a 15" driver,

Just because I don't post pictures doesn't make it not true. Plus all my resistors have been in pre marked bags or brought from places like Parts Connexion. Hence up till this point I have NOT NEEDED to read the color codes.

Never said I should not learn them.

Youve been on the forum for only 11 years. who cares?

anyways, its always fun on these forums! haha

Reactions: 1 users
Unfortunately, there are posts where a person makes a device and sells it to others but does not know electronics. Very bad examples of circuit design. When we ask a question, there is no logical answer. The technical level of the forum is going down. . I have memorized the color of resistors since I was ten years old. When someone says that I am making a electronic device, I say, do you know the color of resistors? This is a correct test.

Reactions: 1 user
oh I found I can ignore people on this forum. very useful.
Not the circuit you are looking for?
The original of this topology originates from the late 1930s.
They didn't have 3-terminal regulators in those daze for the cathode tail.
But a resistance works, altho not very well. Lots of 2H, no one cared!
For radio, a slick marketing trick, the selling points could claim PP output.
Along with other at the time new buzzwords such as superhet,
screen grid tubes & octal metal tubes. (y)

Last edited:
Just wondering if there is a schematic of the Air Tight M101 floating around? I found some nice interior pics and could reverse engineer it if i had too.

Is it just a 12AX7 SRPP into a KT88 UL with some global feedback?

Thanks!!

Richard
I think the right question is “why?”
1- for the purpose of repair?
2- with the aim of creating a “perfect” clone?
3- with the aim of cloning the schematic without the specific information of the PT and OPTs?