Babelfish XA252 / Babelfish XA252 SIT / Babelfish XA252 SET

Joined 2010
Paid Member
Omnieverything :cheers:

I like good beer too.!

Do you have IPA in Serbia? Drink it in 473.175 ml doses, in body parts (Seven-11) that would be ONE BIG GULP.... otherwise known as a PINT, which you drink longer than a BLINK OF AN EYE but less than a FORTNIGHT. I recommend you use your CUBIT to hoist it.

OmniIPA. 🍺

My left pinky has a case of "trigger finger"... for real... I got a shot of some cortisone thing, it feels better. I've been counting with nine fingers for a while. My shelves all lean to the left... hmm...

Back to the thread.... before You Know Who gets upset.... my Macho 252 is on its way back. It survived the onslaught of Umlaut Heavy Metal.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
The amp has migrated to the living room and is cooking/playing with the regular speakers.

Heat sinks range from 53-58C in a 23C room. Front panel is 39C and top 44C. Different parts on the amp PCBs range from 50-60C. PSU caps are 52C. This is with the bias set to 1.7A.

Anything to worry about?

Thanks. I probably shouldn't feed into your addiction ... but here it is in the 'wild'. Half hidden by furniture to not impact the 'feng shui'.

PXL_20240118_211624290.jpg

It took over from an Aleph J. I will need a little more time with it but can tell it is better resolving, with the stage being wider/deeper. The AJ's slight upper bass 'bloat' is absent, but it is still sweet sounding. I think we will get along :giggle:

Thanks for all your help!

Joined 2003
Paid Member
About 11 gauge.

hmmm, I usually use 16 ga Stranded for power supplies, if in doubt, double it up. My transformers wire looks the same diameter as my 16 stranded, although the insulation is quite a bit thicker, prompting me to ask a few posts back if special wire was required to extend transformer wires. I don't use 11 gauge even for speaker wire.

Russellc

Joined 2021
Paid Member
hmmm, I usually use 16 ga Stranded for power supplies, if in doubt, double it up. My transformers wire looks the same diameter as my 16 stranded, although the insulation is quite a bit thicker, prompting me to ask a few posts back if special wire was required to extend transformer wires. I don't use 11 gauge even for speaker wire.

Russellc
I use 13-14 gauge, but now I just "translated" OmniMighty's 4mm2 into gauge.
However, in my monoblocks I will use beefy 11 gauge.

Reactions: 1 user