Can you beat them? DIY on the loose?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The KEF coaxial driver has a smooth dispersion pattern that is to my knowledge unmatched by any other manufacturer. Erin's Audio youTube channel shows some great measurement results. I think it has to do with the waveguide fins in front of the tweeter, as it has a much wider dispersion at 20 kHz than any other 1" dome I've seen measurements for. So the DIY project depends on buying what ever appears from KEF repair parts or used speakers on eBay.

Reactions: 1 user
For DIYers the LS50 wireless is the worth example ever

There are other KEF offers that can be improved by some tweaks like Q series cheap models Q100 and Q150

The LS50 wireless is easy to use but very high priced for the addition of an quite ordinary streamer, dac and poweramp to the passive version

Instead of the really boring to death Nubert stuff i would consider to take a look to this one, Raspberry Pi and plate amp for activation is then the next step

https://audiosciencereview.com/foru...chano23-open-source-diy-speaker-review.54066/

first P.S.:
since this is not the first very peculiar kind of teaser of the TO i think the best thing is to leave him alone with his few bricks short of a load - please do not take this comment too serious brother @Marveloudio ...

seconfd P.S.:
seriously - this is the wrong forum for this, ask Amirm of the ASR forum, if you bring him a pair of LS 50 wireless and a pair of the boring Nubert toys you may have luck

Last edited:
Ah okay ... no problem ... only silver bullets can hurt me :)

The acoustic signature of a speaker radiating into a room is the sum of all reflections received by a microphone . Recording these bunch of reflections can give a good impression how different 2 speakers are sounding , subjectively one is better for the chosen music track . If you have a reference speaker any other will show how far it is from the reference , in that room and at that working position , plus regarding the mic position/orientation etc ...

now it's late here , tomorrow will be another day (hopefully) , bye!

Status
Not open for further replies.