First Time Crossover Advice And Help. Utilizing Xsim and I think I'm headed in the correct direction. I would like some expert eyes on it though.

I've been attempting to learn Xsim over the last several nights trying to work out a crossover for an upcoming project. I think I have a beginner grasp of what to do in regard to leveling out the frequency response, but I feel lost when it comes to keeping the phase in check. I also am unsure what my goal is for the impedance chart so any pointers there would also be of great help. Please let me know if I'm massively screwing something up with this :) I have attached screenshots of the charts and wiring diagram and the project file.

Attachments

• Crossover Frequency Respone Graph.jpg
    Crossover Frequency Respone Graph.jpg
    131.2 KB · Views: 44
  • Crossover Impedence Graph.jpg
    Crossover Impedence Graph.jpg
    133.4 KB · Views: 42
  • Crossover Wiring Diagram.jpg
    Crossover Wiring Diagram.jpg
    83.8 KB · Views: 45
  • Crossover .02.dxo
    81.6 KB · Views: 12
What drivers are you using and are you using your measurements or supplied ones please?

Anything else aside, the crossover looks extremely complicated - I've never seen one as complex.

Have you tried using fewer parts, as that one will need a lot of readies thrown its way.

Geoff

I used the measurements provided by the manufacturer. I know this will be massively effected by the box and room later but I need something to start with.

Tweeter - GRS RT3.0-8 Hi-Res Neo Ribbon Tweeter 8 Ohm
Woofer - Dayton Audio RS225-8 8" Reference Woofer
Subwoofer - Dayton Audio PA310-8 12" Pro Woofer 8 Ohm

Thanks for that link to xmachina I was seeing it posted on old threads with dead links. I will give it a look as well.
Edit: Well it looks like the link you posted is the same dead link I found earlier. If you know any alternative downloads that would be handy.

Subwoofer - Dayton Audio PA310-8 12" Pro Woofer 8 Ohm
This "subwoofer" will have a quite limited low-frequency extension, according to the Dayton design specifications. It will only go down to 73 Hz in an appropriately tuned vented-box enclosure, due to its moderate Qts value and relatively high free-air resonance frequency of 39 Hz. If you plan on adding a separate powered subwoofer, then that's not a problem.

The PA310-8 woofer also has very high sensitivity, 96 dB, which makes it quite difficult to match up with other drivers that are usually found in domestic loudspeaker systems. Hence, you've discovered the need for a large series resistor in its signal feed, which is generally not a good idea.

Woofer - Dayton Audio RS225-8 8" Reference Woofer
On its own, this woofer can go down to 38 Hz in a vented-box system, according to the design guide. That's almost a full octave lower than the PA310-8. Maybe it could be used on its own, subject of course to your specific maximum SPL requirements?

Your use of a 6th-order low-pass filter (LPF) on this driver is a bit unusual and will be quite expensive in terms of parts cost. A 4th-order LPF/HPF system would probably meet your design goal of minimal frequency overlap between the woofer and the tweeter.