New Pensil 10p

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Pensil 10p complete. Very fun project and they are actually making music :). Going to be hard to wait 100 hrs to turn them up.

Attachments

• Pesil 10p.jpg
    Pesil 10p.jpg
    435.8 KB · Views: 419
Looks like the Elekit pre-amp and a small stack of vinyl in the background wall unit, how do you like the phono stage?

Very versatile little pre-amp, combined with the Tu-8200 makes for a nice little system. I listen to vinyl a lot and it works great for me. Yes that's my short stack I have cabinet full of 'em. I have a Sony front load turntable, pretty cool, but probably could use an upgrade :)

Attachments

• front load turntable.jpg
    front load turntable.jpg
    475.2 KB · Views: 398
Yeah, while Sony made some pretty OK tables, that’s probably not their best work - if you’re accustomed to the convenience of a semi or fully auto table, a nice Dual 510, 601 or Technics SL20, 23 would be worth looking into. Cartridges are way too subjective to give a hearty recommendation, but of the literally dozens I’ve owned over the past 50 yrs, I think you couldn’t go too far wrong with a budget priced Grado or Audio Technica.

Zooming in on the photo, looks like Bad Company, Run With the Pack?

Just cranked up the Sony, love the full auto, Bad Company thru the new 10p's is fantastic...Gonna love these speakers, even at low volume, great detail and the bass is just what I like "tight, fast, and very punchy":)

Thanks for the recommendations, good thing about a front load I can put my upgrade on top of it...LOL!

Check this website out Frugal-phile | Box Library / Mark Audio. Plans for many different cabinets and recommended drivers. The experts on this forum are very gracious providing their expertise, so do searches and ask questions and you will get some great help! These Pensil cabinets are specifically designed for the Markaudio line of drivers, they are easy to build and the sound is amazing. Have fun, it's a great hobby and addicting

So I guess I might have been a little skeptical about this whole break in thing with MarkAudio drivers, but I listened to the experts and have behaved. I'm into 100+ hours on the 10p's and all I can say is WOW, they just keep getting better and better and I was happy at the very beginning...as we say in the States, "I'm one very happy camper". (of course the awesome Pensil cabinet design must be mentioned as well)

Holy crap, my 10p's must have taken some steroids. They have just come on in a big way...I stuffed them with Scottmoose's recommended amount of polyfill, the bass is kicking big time, I really like it but damn, it's awesome, so my question is, if I wanted to experiment, what should I expect from adding or subtracting stuffing, thanks...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.