PO89ZB , an inline DC filter for SMPS wall warts . Preamps, HPA, Korg NuTube, etc

Yes, not kludging multiples together or taking up more space, but rather loading the board with the appropriate lower voltage / higher current parts from the beginning as a 12v / 5A or thereabouts version. I would like to recalculate the filter for a higher load at lower voltage but would also like to know if anyone has already done this and how that was arrived at.

Yes, not kludging multiples together or taking up more space, but rather loading the board with the appropriate lower voltage / higher current parts from the beginning as a 12v / 5A or thereabouts version. I would like to recalculate the filter for a higher load at lower voltage but would also like to know if anyone has already done this and how that was arrived at.
This is not a matter of tinkering together, but of connecting several units in parallel to distribute the load, not an unusual procedure. The components used have tolerances close enough so that no problems arise.
By the way, the suggestion for this came from the developer and would be implemented more often.

As far as I know, no one in this thread has yet calculated a new filter for higher currents.
I am also not aware that @Mark Johnson continued the development of more powerful filters, see also post #1.119.
But @Mark Johnson introduced a new filter in this thread -> AmyAlice: DC filter for SMPS, using 2 feedthru capacitors + SMD assembly. max 3A & max 48V
And here's the thread about it from @schultzsch A2CMx: AmyAlice DC filter and cap multiplier for SMPS.

Of course, if you calculate a filter with higher performance, it would be nice to share it with the community. I think many people would be grateful if you designed it up to a voltage of 48 volts.

Last edited: