Quad 44 tone control schematic (12784-2)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
hmmm,

well I took a look inside my quad 44. Mine is a grey late model with RCA sockets on all the cards.

Mine appears to be slightly different from the schematics
:cannotbe: . My Tone controls board has 6 100uF/10v Electrolytic cans
. Two on the left side close to where the cables link back to the outputs. I assume these are for DC blocking and at the very least can be replaced with bipolars. The other 4 are close to the volume control on the right.

Q: So should I replace these six with bipolars ? if so what type. 6 Blackgates will cost more than the preamp, so I wonder if there are any other types that people have found suitable ?

Analyse the circuit, measure for DC at various points, and then decided which of these AC-coupling caps are really justified. You'll see that Quad went for a belts-and-braces approach.

The opamps are FET input types will a relatively low offset, and the gains overall are not too high, so as long as no DC is passed on from the source component, not too much DC will be generated internally.

Schematic and overlay for M12784-2

I would very much appreciate a copy of the schematic and overlay for the 'later' version of the Quad 44 tone control circuit. For information my Quad 44 serial no 29xxx has 5 TL072 dual op-amps. Yes Quad service manual is available on the internet but doesnt include this circuit. Quad won't provide directly either- 'change in policy'. My email is brian@bwhindson.fsnet.co.uk

Hi Im trying to mend a Quad 44 preamp i need the circuit for the tone control board and the layout if possible this board is type (12784-2) it has 4 x TLO71 and 1 TLO72 on it.

Cheers

Anthony Kirby

anthony.billg i could use one of those schematics please:my e-mail is kid286@juno.com thanks,have a happy newyear.ps.i was in manchester back in 88-89,worked for platt saco lowell.electronis eng.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.