SL1600MK2 GEAR REPAIR - anybody in the SF bay area willing to help?

I went to hit start on my long standing Scott Thompson modded Technics SL-1600MK2 turntable and the tonearm moved straight across the record and plopped itself down near the spindle.

I caught it quick enough. While holding the headshell lift, i hit "stop". It kept pushing back and clicking. Turned it OFF and it STILL clicked all the way back to the rest.

Tried it with the stylus protector down (Shure V15 MKIII) and a crappy record. It seemed to work again, but it would yelp out a click close to setting the tonearm down on the rest. the arm would momentarily stop moving when clicking.
The auto lift rubber O ring is not even a year old. It was easy enough for me to install myself.

Something tells me it has a cracked gear. like this one:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/323707146252?i ... R8bpnZDrYw

IMPORTANT: Scott has since retired and moved out of state... he did just e-mail me, saying the above gear is not exactly right and would have to be modified a bit to fit. does anyone know of the EXACT replacement gear? should i have one 3D printed?

i know this forum is literally called "do it yourself", but is anyone in the san francisco bay area willing to do the job? i'd pay you, obviously.

Regards,
Robby

Attachments

• 20231006_163127_SMALL.jpg
    20231006_163127_SMALL.jpg
    129 KB · Views: 19