TLE2227 good for audio?

Thank you Markw4
The original op-amps still works.
My question where if there is any sonical improvement to be expected by changing the original LM833 for TLE2227 in the I/V/output stage of an old Philips CD 160 cd-player?
Or does all op-amps sound the same?

Best regards
Lars

Not all opamps are the same, buy not all are suitable as substitutes for each other.

Without seeing the schematic its hard to say whether trying a different opamp might be worth trying. However, there are newer and better opamps. Substituting an old opamp with another old opamp maybe not be very optimal.

@Freecrowder
Now ive read the text and there are some questionmarks raised. I really would apreciate if someone could guide me here.

Ive attached the schematic for the outputstage below (Left chanel from dac to line output shown). The square in left bottom is an owerview.

Questions:
1. If I understand the text right, the CCS shall be inserted between pin 7 (Output 2) and pin 4 (- VCC) at the LM833 (op amp no 2/2) (marked with the text "CCS" in red). Correct?
2. Is this mod also advisable to use on the the first amp (op amp no 1/2) between pin 1 (Output 1) and pin 4 (-VCC)?

3. Lets say a choose to build the "The lone JFET" CCS with a single 2SK170 with a IDSS of 3mA, and a suitable resistor for 1-2mA of current. Is this a suitable choise of current when this output stage shall drive a load of a 47K tube pre-amplifier?

LM833.jpg