Transistor arrays

In the MPQ series originally made by Motorola you can find something suitable.
I remember the quad MPQ6700 :
"The CENTRAL SEMICONDUCTOR MPQ6700 is comprised of two 2N3904 (NPN)
chips and two 2N3906 (PNP) chips to be used as dual complementary pairs for
general purpose amplifier and switching applications.
"
Arrays like this may be hard to get today.

Reactions: 1 user
If you need extremely good matching it might be worth the expense, but do you need extremely good matching? For the same money you could buy ~30 transistors and match them yourself! And there's always the opamp approach if you need the matching, again cheaper.
So not a " better" ideea, in my case ( audio amplifiers ) , to use that instead of selecting ( matching ) two bjt's from a bag to say so.

First tought I had was using a / 6 / 7 , transistor array ic ". I saw a few schematics that have parallel transistors in the LTP, usually 2 or 3. read about it improves noise and what not. I was interested into trying myself. But if they are not " perfectly " ( as it could get ) the "whole purpose " might end up being worse then 2 as I understood ?!. Thank you for your comments !.
- Bruno.

What's the application, input stage of a power amp? Or for a low-level signal preamp such as mic, phono (MM or especially MC), or tape head? As I think others were saying, you only need matched transistors for the latter applications.

The LM394 was one of the best things for this (see data sheet, it's like two sets of 50 transistors in parallel), but it was discontinued, I think even before TI bought NS. There's an equivalent being made, AS394, but it's several dollars each, and not available everywhere. Google:
AS394 transistor
to find datasheet and retailers.

Here's an old app note on it:
https://www.ti.com/lit/an/snoa626b/snoa626b.pdf

Reactions: 1 user
What's the application, input stage of a power amp? Or for a low-level signal preamp such as mic, phono (MM or especially MC), or tape head? As I think others were saying, you only need matched transistors for the latter applications.

The LM394 was one of the best things for this (see data sheet, it's like two sets of 50 transistors in parallel), but it was discontinued, I think even before TI bought NS. There's an equivalent being made, AS394, but it's several dollars each, and not available everywhere. Google:
AS394 transistor
to find datasheet and retailers.

Here's an old app note on it:
https://www.ti.com/lit/an/snoa626b/snoa626b.pdf
yes, input LTP of an audio amp.