Wayne's BA 2018 linestage

Joined 2004
Any thoughts or comments on Wayne's linestage presented at BA 2018?

It looks like an economical high performance design with a couple of nice options (like a beefier output if needed)

I'm a terrible designer and a slow builder - I think we wound be interested in hearing if there are any experiences or opinions yet.

Thanks Wayne!

YouTube

Attachments

• wayne.JPG
    wayne.JPG
    51.9 KB · Views: 24,718
Reactions: 1 user
Joined 2016
I will also build this when I get some time. All the parts are available from Mouser, and add up to less than $30 (plus a power supply, case and hardware).

Joined 2001
wayne's line stage is just BEGGING for the 6 transistors, LED and passives to make it differential in and out ...

;)

mlloyd1

Joined 2004
Squished down

wow - too far down!

Attachments

• BA2018-R1_Wayne_1.pdf
    859.7 KB · Views: 3,729
Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Joined 2004
Patrick,

What part is the compromise? The single ended part, the complimentary part, or the fact that both topologies are incorporated?

Joined 2003
Complementary input allows push-pull, reduces current swing on each half, and cancels even harmonics.
As is, the bottom half is essentially all constant current, with the exception of the last stage.

Cheers,
Patrick

Banned
Joined 2018
Looks like this thread has sort of "petered out" temporarily for whatever reason.

Wayne...I noticed you offered 100+ purple PCBs for your design at BA 2018.
Like many folks here, I can't drop everything and go to the west coast for this BA 2018 event.
So do you plan on offering Gerbers for your board here in this thread or offering PCBs in the DIY Store in the near future for this preamp??

An update as to your intentions would be nice rather than leaving us and the OP hanging.:)