"WHAMMY" Pass DIY headphone amp guide

Hey there. I finally finished my Whammy after getting distracted by other things for a while, but I'm at a loss as to where the power LED is supposed to go. It's not on the schematic and there's no obvious spot on the board for it, though there is clearly a spot in the case. I'm sure I could kludge something together but is there somewhere that it's supposed to go?

Thanks

Hey there. I finally finished my Whammy after getting distracted by other things for a while, but I'm at a loss as to where the power LED is supposed to go. It's not on the schematic and there's no obvious spot on the board for it, though there is clearly a spot in the case. I'm sure I could kludge something together but is there somewhere that it's supposed to go?

Found this: whammy-review

In that review he talks about using a 20k resistor and wiring the power LED up to the C9 pads. Any issue doing that? The location certainly is convenient.

On the most recent kits, the 220uF/50v according to the board and the schematics were replaced with 220uF/35v and 220uF/25v. Can anyone please chime in on whether I should order replacements at the correct value or if these are ok. If replacements are suggested, which brands are recommended.

yup! I have a power amp. I have everything ready to go. just need to know how to connect the pre out properly. I saw an image of it going straight to the headphone jack but the otherside. Is that right?

Attachments

• 20230718_065100 (2).jpg
    20230718_065100 (2).jpg
    400.6 KB · Views: 100