"WHAMMY" Pass DIY headphone amp guide

"Finished" the WHAMMY and I'm getting very odd behavior. Whenever I turn the amp on I get no output, however when I turn it off it plays very loud, distorted music that slowly fades over the course of around 5-10 seconds. I'm not really sure where to begin with troubleshooting for this. Aside from checking resistor values, is there something else I should look at specifically?

Reactions: 1 user
1703033719868.png
1703033760744.png
1703033840470.png
1703033904535.png
1703033923843.png
[/ISPOILER]
Here are the pictures of my work. Yeah, not the cleanest solder job, and I know that not all of my resistors have values facing up. Hopefully you guys see something. Meanwhile I'm gonna check every individual resistor much like Clark Griswold.

I went through all of the resistors and nothing seems out of place. All of them read what they should. I don't see any obvious shorts, and I don't see anything out of the ordinary in my wiring job. Pulled it apart and looked at the undercarriage, no obvious shorts. This is the part where wish I start to run out of non-destructive ideas.

Reactions: 1 user
Have you got fuses in both slots in the fuse drawer?
Fuse drawer only has a fuse on live, neutral is bridged. Finally got in that part you recommended last week.
Have you checked PSU voltages?
I checked before I started filling the rest of the board and they were + and - 15.1 volts I believe. Now -v measures -10.69V between the r13 and r14 pads and voltage between + pad on C9 and ground measures 1.05V. When the amp is turned off voltage climbs to 2.3 volts and then slowly drops again. Anywhere else I should measure?

6L6

Joined 2010
Paid Member
Ok, that’s good.

Meter to DC volts.

Black probe on the ground of the output wires, or the tab of the headphone Jack nearest the chassis. (sleeve). This is ground, Ground is ground, keep the black probe here.

Red probe to the following -

Each of the (unstuffed) R10 holes.

Each of the (also unstuffed) R14 holes.