Yet Another Aleph J Build

Coming together slower than expected, but nicely.
20240407_134032 (FILEminimizer).jpg 20240407_162000 (FILEminimizer).jpg 20240407_162022 (FILEminimizer).jpg

Reactions: 2 users
Joined 2019
Paid Member
I think ZM was saying that the speaker wires are backwards.... Arrows toward the binding posts...

:rofl:

And yes, as Dennis said above, if you did not have the boards and MOSFETs mounted to the heatsinks when you soldered the MOSFETs into place, I'll walk you through how to do it.

IF the boards were just on your board holder while you were installing your wire after you had mounted the MOSFETs and then removed the boards... that's OK. What I see in the photo is that the legs on the MOSFET on the "left" appear to have been bent (if they were installed prior). It's not a worry, we can get it sorted either way.

The idea is that the legs of the MOSFETs should not be under any kind of mechanical stress (or minimum). So, when mounting / dismounting the boards, it's best to take extra care not to bend them.

If you had them installed properly, and you just removed them to install your wiring... when you put them back on the heatsinks, hit them with the iron again to reflow the joints and lessen any potential stress on the legs.

I can add a note or two to the guide. Folks that have not installed devices to heatsinks frequently may not know this, and it's a good reminder.

Have fun!

:cheers: