Yet Another Aleph J Build

When setting bias, how good is good enuf on Offset, put a different how much difference is there between say .001 and .007mv Offset? What are and at what point does the Offset become of concern sonically? I am not talking about Offset exceeding recommended setting.
with that sort of offset, you can use it as MC prepre
Is that a good thing :rofl: This has certainly been a long and trying journey, but thanks to the outstanding guidance of @ItsAllInMyHead and my persistence, I am very pleased with how it came out. Now to hook Her up to some junker speakers.

She's singing, albeit poorly :rofl:

20240424_083226 (FILEminimizer).jpg

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
how good is good enuf on Offset
depending of construction, there will be always some fluctuation of DC offset in real time, but if changes are not abrupt and big, nothing to worry about

in short - amps with NFB tend to behave better (say your Aleph J) than amps without NFB and without any other servo function controlling DC offset ( say M2)

so, if you see DC offset changing slowly in - say - 20mV bracket in time of 1 min, when everything is temp. equilibrium, you're good

and, just a reminder - even if 0mV is desirable value, +/-100mV of DC offset is practically allowed, as industry standard

edit: I know, lack of mileage ...... but your figures of 0.00something mV is, well - not exactly hogwash, but certainly and practically 0mV

• Thank You
Reactions: 1 user
The answer is…not much! Remember ambient environment in and around the devices themselves is what is key.

I would read your post #63, it is well written! Along with Zen’s answers on post #64. I think you‘ve got it covered.

Looking forward to more of your thoughts/impressions of the amplifier as you have a very decent playback system with those Revel F226Be speakers.

Best,
Anand.